For Foreign Students
Requirements to become a member of our laboratory as a “research student”:
Note: A research student is supposed to become a master or PhD student.
To become a master course student, you need to understand Japanese,
because in our department, most of the lectures are given in Japanese and
you will not be able to obtain a master degree unless you understand them.
- You should be fluent in English or Japanese.
Preferable scores are as follows:
- TOEFL PBT: 550 or more,
- TOEFL iBT: 80 or more,
- TOEIC: 730 or more,
- JLPT: N1 or N2.
- You should have basic knowledge of/skill in at least one of the following:
e.g., you have read through several chapters of a book/books on such topics,
or you have implemented program codes of several hundred lines.
- data structures,
- algorithm design,
- graph theory,
- discrete mathematics,
- combinatorial optimization,
- linear programming,
- dynamic programming,
- programming in C or C++,
- You can afford to pay the tuition, admission (or registration) fee,
living expenses etc.
(It is usually hard to obtain a scholarship after you come to Japan.)
- Tuition etc.: in
- Living expenses: 600,000 yen or more would be necessary for half a year.
- Due to too many requests from Chinese students,
we had to impose this line.
We appreciate your understanding.
If you are a Chinese student,
your university must be among the top universities in China,
such as those in the following lists:
Home page of M. Yagiura